Woodshop Committee Meeting 20160223
This is the meeting agenda for the Woodshop Committee for February 23, 2016.
Add stuff, please!
Time and Location
7:00pm, 23 February 2016, Lecture Hall
We don't have any. Do we even need to bother with keeping minutes?
Financial Statement / Budget
Agenda Items for Discussion and Decision-making
- Selection of new Committee Chair
- Committee rules
- What is needed?
- Woodshop Basics now has 7 trained instructors, moving to three classes per week to try and meet demand
- Lathe Basics now twice a week
- CNC Router remains at once per month
- Pen Turning added two instructors, classes now scheduled
- Bowl Turning classes now scheduled
- Wood Carving still popular once a week
- Picture framing
- Need more classes on basic woodworking, like Joinery, using hand tools, Finishing, etc.
- More teachers needed!
- Discuss regimented schedule for classes. Draft schedule:
- Woodshop Basics 3 times per week (M W Sa)
- Lathe Basics 2 times per week (T Sa)
- CNC Testing 1 time per week (Tr)
- Festool Class 1 per month
- MultiCam CNC Router 1 per month
- Maintenance - Tools are being used more, and more problems cropping up
- Shop Maintenance Workday weekly? Bi-Weekly?
- Scheduled Maintenance
- Charging for breakages, discussion
- Activities Currently in progress
- Redesign of Shop Floor, tool location layout, electrical drops, dust collection
- Storage cabinets, etc
- Considering stocking sheet goods, honor system fees for consumable items
- Maintenance and consumable costs rising rapidly with increase in users in shop
- Planned Capital purchases
- Dust collection system improvements
- Heavy duty Planer
- Need to prioritize purchases
- Powermatic Lathe