My notes and ideas on Slic3r.
- Needs a way of scripting your own builds, so that you can actually change parameters as the GCODE is generated.
- Idea for pathing:
- Dump-truck algorithm.
- Keep velocity consistent.
- Limit the angle of turns.
- Attempt to extrude during forward movement.
- Candidate algorithms
- Additional pathing from CPAN/PERL
- Mixed X/Y change during Z movement.
- Rather stop at a point and then change Z, keep moving along X and Y and also change Z.
- Loadable alpha STLs
- Load your primary model STL
- Load any secondary STLs that will be applied as 3d patches to primary model, possibly to make fixes, add support structure, etc
- Model plating on the command-line
- Specify multiple STLs to achieve a default plate with all the STLs
- May have to specify locations, or at least an overall clumping, otherwise default does best-guess and is probably pretty easy to hack out
- Video GPU support