From Dallas Makerspace
- Alyssa says the 24"x18" is not cost effective compared to other options.
- Lampy says the laser tubes of lasers 90w and above are higher quality and have a longer life.
- "Our high end 90w and higher tubes feature all metal electrode design are rated for 10,000+ hrs and have 4x the cutting power of the 60w tubes. Capable of cutting over 1/2" thick acrylic and woods."
- "90 Watt (3x longer life/4x power)"
- Haley is concerned about the lasers larger than 24"x18" fitting through the door.
- Robert says the front door can be and needs to be disassembled (so we can fix the flexing).
- None of the door frames are wider than 40".
- Doug's comments on $1000 for Controller w/ Networked Ethernet : "Is really for the superior driver board, which nets the additional warranty."
- Haley says the larger models will not fit in the current space; requests a plan be put in place for a different location (possibly on the other side of the wall from the current location, so the vent won't have to be moved very far?)
- What kinds of new materials can a 90W and 120W laser cut?
- Will a 120W laser torch paper even on 100%?
- Paul Wilson says the power can be dialed down so it cuts paper just fine.
- Will cost an extra 7-11% according to robert.
- We have around 7-8k for a down payment.
Do we get a discount for participating in Red Bull Creation? -Haley
- Looks like participants from last year's red bull creation got a $350 discount. Someone needs to call and ask.