Steering Committee Meeting 20110111

From Dallas Makerspace
Jump to: navigation, search

Meeting Agenda

  • Change for Hackerspace Policy
    • Now updated, per PeterS/Peter242 (DPRG meeting, 20110108)
    • Still some remaining questions on this (PeterS/Peter242, re: message sent to Steve Rainwater. Probably no Big Deal)
  • Sub Committees
    • Organizational sub-committee (Organizational ToDo list, by-laws--Mark Havens)
      • Status of review of by-laws; Mark, Steve, and Andrew
        • Last meeting, 20110104 went through half of them--to be completed tonight, after meeting.
      • Incorporation document has been sent to the state; When? Sent during the holidays, Friday or Saturday.
        • Have scanned in the response letter, it is now in the Admin Wiki
      • Status on getting the EIN, can be done before receiving the Incorporation document
      • When these are complete, 1023 filing goes off
    • Building sub-committee (physical space ToDo list--Eric Chaney)
      • Status of upstairs space (Mark)
        • $300 on top of current rental
        • Would require budget update to show that we can afford it
          • Authority
          • (May require a full vote by the membership? "Officers"? "DMS BoD"?)
          • Would require (at this time) voting on this by the DPRG BoD
      • Need listing of capital expenditures (Current Needs and Space_Checklist)--Need lists of WHAT, COST, and PRIORITY
        • (Off the top of my head, Peter:)
        • Some excellent work tables, either homemade or purchased or table tops
        • Wall-mounted shelves/shelving
        • Projector screen (the one in the largest A/C-ed room is on loan from Jonathon)
        • Tools
          • Digital soldering iron(s)
          • Saws
          • Fans
            • New evacuation fan for Laser Cutter
            • Space/Garage/People cooling fans
  • Remaining bits
    • Review Eric's Standing Rules, patch if necessary, and adopt
    • Seriously consider rules for meetings, check out HacDC's rules

Minutes/Notes

  • Andrew to finish up more Admin Wiki
  • SS-4 for EIN, pdf from IRS; Maybe able to file. Mark will get EIN, from IRS.
  • Glenn going to be put on the Physical Space checklist/sub-committee
    • Glenn wants to do poll on what actual needs are.
    • 2 2 high-priorities?
    • Electronics workbench
    • Wood-working tools
  • Andrew says to get rid of the ".com", emails can be forwarded
  • Find insurance for the space, either from Doug or Ed.
  • Steve says I can use the membership Google Docs sheet to determine the costs/budget.
  • Setup a poll for extra space rental, for "feedback"
    • There are hidden costs for the extra space
    • ~$250 for door setup
    • A/C may increase monthly bill by 60-80 (electricity)
    • extra cost for insurance? Budget spreadsheet has current insurance cost.
  • Get Glenn to order 20 more keyfobs