PR Committee Meeting 20120814
PR Meeting Minutes
Attendance: Nicole LeCody Paul Brown John Haskins Nick Sainz Mike Eber Sarah Scott Andrew LeCody
- Business card re-design approved.
- Postcards order: 100 of three different styles-75$
- Stamp pricing was $30 dollars. Of the 60 allocated, $30 has been put back into the PR fund.
- Talked about making committee postcards
(Action Item) Need to reach out to each committee and get some information from them for these. (Action Item) Design window banner, get quote. Possibly $200 (Action Item) Get our sign up sheets padded
- Suggested we get Thank You cards made to send to people
1. September 21st-23rd FenCon (Sci-Fi/Fantasy)
- DMS Table
- Need projects to display
- 3D Printer
- Sculptures and vintage cameras for display?
- Times are Fri: noon-7:00, Sat: 10-6, Sun: 10-4
- Window stickers for affiliates?
- Possible video slideshow?
- See if the committees would present something representative of their group
2. October 20th Tanners Electronics Event
- Ask Craig about doing his robotic arm demo again
- Cameras and prints from the darkroom
- See about bringing the Dizzy Fling.
- Also have committees bring something for this event too.
3. November 10th Open House Noon-12am
- Bleach T-Shirt Demo
- New badges for DIY soldering
- Highlighted demos every hour
- Raffle. Need to get idea of what to raffle
- Black Smithing demo
- Dev Day every hour
- Laser Cutter Demos
- Band saw flowers?
- Shrinky Dinks?
- Demo the knitting machine
- auction possibly at open house
(Action Item: Email DPRG about moving their meeting that month for the Open House)
General PR Notes: 1. Mounted canvas for artwork in the space.
2. Hang up spin art in lounge. Possibly auction off at Open House
(Action Item: Look at stuff at the space that be hung and hang it)
3. Articles on blog:
- Using the fellowship fund to inspire people to write for blog
- members write blog and members get to vote on which one is the best and they get a couple months free membership.
- Need to get the information on the Twitter Account.
4. Get involved in College Events
5. Press release to local news when we have events going on.
- Contact local PR committees
- Communicate calendars
- Look into local PR committee events
6. Welcome Packet:
- Key Fob
- List of Committees
- Printer map of the space
- Window decal
- Business cards
7. Media Packet:
- have a basic calendar and media packet ready to go for local news stations.
Next PR Meeting on September 4th at 7 pm. Location TBA.