- Makerspace intro (5 min)
- anyone new, please introduce yourself!
- Makerspace business (15 min)
- hand out flyers to those @ the meeting - please pass them out or put them up!
- budget: <BUDGET ITEMS>
- current funds: 4670 of $6000
- current members: 22
- dues: sign up on the website for recurring donations
- What You Can Do:
- call the owners of buildings you see to find out the monthly rate, lease terms, and square footage!
- post them!
- refresh the postings!
- tell your friends and coworkers
- drop a note on any relevant mailing lists, forums, or news groups you're on
- past events
- DMA nights - Friday, May 21, 2010, 6p - 12a. DMA, downtown Dallas
- upcoming events
Mark ordered a Makerbot in January, and it arrived at the end of March. It's been mostly sitting unassembled for over a month. After looking over the Makerbot build documentation, he discovered that it can be easily broken down and completed as a Group Project!
We will form four teams, and complete the Z Stage, X Stage, Body, and Plastruder in parallel by following a well documented step-by-step process provided by Makerbot Industries. Working together, we should be able to finish constructing these components in under two hours. If enough time allows, we can proceed to the mounting stages.
Once the Makerbot is completed, it will be signed by all paying DMS members that were involved with the build. An attempt will then be made to auction the finished product on Ebay with the purpose of raising money to donate an aluminum Makerbot to the Dallas Makerspace community.
|Name||Relation to DMS|