Machine Shop Committee Meeting 20200829
Virtual & Physical Machine shop monthly meeting. 08/29/2020 17:00
- Chris Marlow-Virtual
- Marcel Mclain
- David Kessinger-Virtual
- Charles Procter; Vice-Chair
- Bob Karnaugh; Vice Chair
- Liz Becker
- Tim Bene; Chair
- Mike Glass-Virtual
- Max Holthaus-Virtual
- Walker Evans
- Julio Sumarriva
- Beth Appleton
- Sherline cabinets are in place, Tim Asks for volunteers to move the tools to the new cabinets.
- CNC Sherline Lathe, Ask for a volunteer to help setup a class, class materials & teach the class.
- Cold saw needs a regulator installed
- Surface grinder, We ordered some parts for it. We did have to buy more than we actually needed due to the vendor minimum requirement of 50$
- Last meeting it was brought up some intermittent issues with the colechester. We replaced the contactor, belts & adjusted the clutches. Only the shifter O-rings remain.
- Shark is operating using the RFID, Malcolm fixed the software issue. Noted that if you are currently trained on the Colchester I will add you to the Shark AD when requested.
- Bridgeport has a broken quill return spring, we ordered a replacement which arrive the day before.-We replaced the spring after the meeting.
- Marcel made some spacers for the throat plate, to lock it in place. Also there is some vibration in the saw. Believe to be the upper CV pulley.
- Charlie is in the process of making the tables for the shear & brake, the parts we approved last meeting has showed up.
- Replace test indicator -Has been ordered & replaced.
- Would like a small shelf/table for drawings & tools by the major equipment. 2x2 or so.
- We will be ordering some replacement inserts for the Shell mill