Machine Shop Committee Meeting 20200725
Virtual & Physical Machine shop monthly meeting. 07/25/2020 17:00
- Paul Morely
- Marcel Mclain
- David Kessinger-Virtual
- Charles Procter; Vice-Chair
- Bob Karnaugh; Vice Chair
- Nick Silva- Virtual
- Tim Bene; Chair
- Mike Glass-Virtual
- Rich Meyer-Virtual
- Justin Walker-Virtual
- Josh Wims
- Beth Appleton
- Consumables seem to be relatively ok.
- Was noted during the Meeting that the Colchester had some intermittent clunking- Later investigated & resolved with new belts, adjusted clutches.
- Discussed the safety partition/wall. We did discuss various types including a curtain. Also was discussed was the egress requirement which was 4 ft on each end was sufficient. Jokingly mention https://www.amazon.com/Luxuries-Durable-Acrylic-Outside-Satisfying/dp/B07CXHR9X5
- Paul Morely has sketches of the enclosure to enclose the Shapeoko XXL. This will include removeable panels & lighting internally.
- Motion to make a test panel for the Partition, Cost is minimal so will not be included. 11 for, 1 abstain. Motion Passes
- Motion to order the repair parts for the DiAcro brake & shear. This is 280$ for the parts & estimation of 70 for shipping. Cost is NTE 350.00 11 for , 1 abstain. Motion Passes