Creative Arts Committee Meeting 20200217
- Laura Gonzalez
- Laurie Ruggles*
- Linda Wynn
- Mike Collier
- Marcia Winer
- April Burk
- Astrud Aguirre
- Paul Wilson
- Brendan Crocker
- Robert Hines
- Steve Wynne
- Doug Eames
- Jeannie Harwell
- Joshua Henningson
Voting Via Proxy*
- Judy Kriehn
Ongoing Action Items:
- Uline Order approved in December Meeting still needs to be placed
- PCard has arrived
- Just need to get the list together
- We need to schedule another work day and coordinate with Volunteer Coordinator to finish up some projects:
- Re-installing the door frames (need approx. ¼” trimmed from bottom of metal)
- Putting up the shelves
- Working on design to get the "Bowling Table v.2" project moving.
- Square is up & running
- Still awaiting delivery/installation of replacement computer systems
Agenda Items (votes):Item 1: Purchase Dustbuster for sewing room - not to exceed $45.00
Yes - 11, No - 0, Abstain - 1Item 2: Designate funds not to exceed $400 for service/maintenance on sewing machines
Yes - 11, No - 0, Abstain - 1Item 3: Approve purchase of new Mug Heat Press for $699 at upcoming NBM trade show (promotional pricing)
Yes - 15, No - 0, Abstain - 0Item 4: Approve purchase of new wide-format printer with inks and backup print head in the amount up to $4500.00
Yes - 14, No - 0, Abstain - 0
- Serger Classes coming 2/29 101, 102 and Tote Bags
- Two items requiring vote - noted above
- Need to pick up previously approved purchases (This is now completed)
- Table still needs to be broken into a gazillion pieces and transferred to the dumpster. Steve Wynn offered to help John ensure it happens on the next dumpster day.
Item requiring "re-vote" due to hazy notes on previous months noted above
- Has been adopted by 3D Fab Committee
- All equipment has been packed up and moved to the 3D Fab area.
Wide Format Printing:
- Sig voted to replace the current wide format printer that we are unable to get up and running.
- After looking at several models the choice was made to go with the HP DesignJet.
- Printer is $3245 and $1000 for ink
- CA committee vote is noted above
- Project/Class is coming soon for the big loom!!
- A List of supplies will be forthcoming
- Plan is that leftover supplies can be used for future classes as well.
- Sig meeting coming soon.
- Need to schedule more classes - recent pressure pot class had 20 people signed up
- Need to order supplies
Other CA News
- We have a new vinyl cutter!
- Huge Thanks to @mreynolds for putting it together.
- Need new computers installed and appropriate software installed.