Class description template
Here is an optional class description template for instructors to use. The template is used to:
- Write clear class descriptions so participants understand what they will get from the class
- Make it easier for instructors to generate class descriptions by identifying the necessary items
- Increase the chances that honorariums will not be rejected. Provide the information that demonstrates this is a learning class and not an event.
Labeling convention used in the example
Suggested statement (option / option) – more than one might be appropriate
Specific items you would list
- Start with the description of your class.
- This class is a (lecture / demonstration / hands-on) class.
- You will learn (safety, how to use the equipment, list of specific skills and techniques).
- [During the hands-on portion, you will learn by (performing discrete task-level skills / participating in a group project /completing a project of your own). Briefly describe the project or tasks. Remember that some terms that are familiar to you may not mean anything to prospective students.]
- [The completed project (will remain at The Space / is yours to take home.]
- (All / list of specific) (tools / supplies / safety equipment) will be provided. [There is a material fee included in this class. The fee includes list of specific items].
- You need to bring list of specific items
- It will be useful if you bring list of specific items (optional).
Learn how to set-up and use the Babylock Embroidery machine.
This class is a hands-on class.
You will learn safety, how to use the equipment, how to hoop fabric, transfer design files, thread the machine, and how to stitch the design. After this class you should be comfortable using the machine on your own.
During the hands-on portion, you will learn by participating in a group project. We will embroider the DMS logo on a Creative Arts apron. Each attendee will "hoop" the fabric, thread the machine, and stitch part of the design. The completed project will remain at The Space.
All tools and supplies will be provided. If you bring a small sharp scissors for trimming thread it will be useful (optional).