Carbon Fiber Autoclave
About this page:
- This page is to track a project to convert a H.A.S.T. chamber into a carbon fiber autoclave. If you have question about this project or would like to participate, please contact Robert Johnson IV
- Despatch LPB1-78V
- Power 208 1PH
- Max Presure 105 PSIA
- Max Temp 330F
- Heater 7600W
- Controller Manual
Autoclave Build Team
- Robert Johnson IV
There is a vacuum pump, currently under the granite table in the machine shop next to the lathe. It needs:
- An electrical cable
- Test that it works
- Remove the water tank in the bottom of the chamber and install the pump there
Pressure Test Chamber
- Block open ports
- Remove water line(s) replace with vacuum line fittings
- Confirm tank hand hold pressure of 100PSI (Not to exceed 105PSI)
- Before doing anything, check for shorts in the unit
- Connect power cord for 208V 1PH
Test Control Unit
- Check that control unit operates per the manual
- Check heating elements
- See if it's possible to program in a pressure/temperature profile.
- Can vacuum be controlled as well?
- Are there time limits?
- Could we use the graph to log temp/pressure/vacuum?