Brake Drum Forge
Brake Drum Forges are design to hold solid fuels to heat metal for the purpose of hot work forging.
We are currently in the design and acquisition phase of the project. So far we've acquired a cast iron brake drum. It's a GM part for older heavy duty trucks.
Things We Need
- Clay (possibly)
- Steel Plate
- Iron Pipe
- Steel Sheet Metal
- Sheet Metal Shears
- Misc Hand Tools
- Someone with Sheet Metal Experience
- There may be some other items needed, but from what I can see this should be most of it.
- Build a Forge for Forge Welding
- Take Pictures of the Process
- Stay within a budget of $300
- Currently we're working on the design of a Tuyere, Blower, Fire Pot, Forge Table and a Stand/Legs.
- We will take a 4" cast iron pipe and flare it to fit the Fire Pot.
- We will take triangular piece of metal and attach it to a 3/8" steel rod with a 90deg bend to form a clinker breaker.
- We are using a Cast Iron Brake Drum for the Fire Pot.
- Need a squirrel cage type blower