Annual Member Meeting 20190510
May 10, 2019 @ 18:30, Dallas Makerspace
- 18:30 Meeting convened
- 18:30 polls opened
- 20:00 Presentation by the President, open Q&A
- 20:30 Polls closed
- 20:30 159 votering members accounted for in person or via proxy
- 1/3 quorum met - Board of Directors voting is valid
- 2/3 quorum not met - Bylaws changes will not take effect regardless of tally
- 21:53 Results declared, meeting adjourned
Board of Directors Election
Candidates for 2019-2020 Board of Directors
- Adnan Chahbandar
- Allen Wan
- Charles Procter
- James Henningson
- Julie Harris
- Ken Purcell
- Marshall Blatz
- Paul Wilson
- Scott Blevins
- Steve Blanchard
- Troy Barrios
The Board of Directors for 2019-2020 shall be Julie Harris, James Henningson, Marshall Blatz, Scott Blevins, and Ken Purcell.
- Julie Harris - 120
- James Henningson - 113
- Marshall Blatz - 94
- Scott Blevins - 84
- Ken Purcell - 75
- Paul Wilson - 71
- Steve Blanchard - 57
- Allen Wan - 39
- Adnan Chahbandar - 38
- Charles Proctor - 29
- Natcha Pradappet - 13
- Troy Barrios - 11
Bylaws Amendments are best found here
Change Section 4.6.4 Quorum for Meetings
At any meeting of the members, a quorum shall consist of one-third of the voting members ofthe corporation represented in person or by proxy. Except as otherwise provided by provisions of law, no business shall be considered by the members at any meeting at which the required quorum is not present, and the only motion which the Chair shall entertain at such meeting is a motion to adjourn.
- At any meeting of the membership, a quorum shall consist of one-third of the voting members of the corporation except where specified otherwise elsewhere in these Bylaws. Members may be present:
- in person,
- by proxy,
- through a conference telephone or similar communications equipment, or
- another suitable electronic communications system allowed by the Texas Business Organizations Code (e.g. videoconferencing technology or the Internet).
- Except as otherwise provided by provisions of law, no business shall be considered by the members at any meeting at which the required quorum is not present, and the only motion which the Chair shall entertain at such meeting is a motion to adjourn.
Add 4.6.5 Notice
- As allowed by the Texas Business Organizations Code, the method of providingmember meeting notices shall be designated by the board of directors and shallinclude at least one of:
- United States mail,
- electronic message (e.g. Email),
- newspaper publication,
- in person, or
- any combination of these.
- Notice for regular member meetings is not required unless otherwise required by the Texas Business Organizations Code, the Certificate of Formation or these Bylaws.# Neither the Bylaws nor the Certificate of Formation may be changed at any member meeting for which notice to the members in accordance with Section 188.8.131.52 had not been provided. Likewise, no director may be removed, replaced, or elected at a meeting for which notice to the members in accordance with Section 184.108.40.206 had not been provided.
Add 4.6.6 Voting
- Unless otherwise required by the Texas Business Organizations Code, a vote of the membership on any matter may be conducted:
- by United States mail,
- by electronic message (e.g. Email),
- through an online voting system,
- in person or by proxy, or
- by any combination of these.
- The voting method shall be designated by the Board of Directors.
This proposition lowers the quorum requirements for membership meetings to one-fifth of the regular (voting) members
It is proposed that quorum for membership meetings be lowered to one-fifth (20%) of the regular (voting) members by replacing the text “one-third” with the text “one-fifth” in the first line of section “4.6.4 Quorum for Meetings” of the bylaws. In order to harmonize this proposition with other concurrently proposed amendments, once passed, then for a period of 24 hours, this proposition requires 100% supermajority in order to be changed.
The meeting did not meet 2/3 quorum, thus the Bylaws were not passed. Tallies are as follows:
- Proposal 1 - 133 For
- Proposal 2 - 133 For
- Proposal 3 - 141 For
- Proposal 4 - 90 For