AV STUDIO MEETING 20141006
AV Studio Meeting Agenda 10/6/2014
AV Studio goals
- Design and maintain an efficient system for completing video and audio projects.
- Maintain and provide content for the DMS YouTube channel.
- Work with the DMS's PR Committee to create videos documenting projects, events, and classes at the space.
- Educate DMS members and the public in AV related topics
- YouTube channel:
- Incentive may be available for YouTube videos in future
- Waiting on YouTube “template” package - David S. (in progress)
- Release form
- Available on Wiki
- Available in locker labeled “model releases”
- Use it!
- Reminder: License of CC on DMS computer is an educational license
- Ops handling “computer lab”
- Many (>10) laptops recently acquired by Ops for computer lab use.
- Richard suggested AV/Cart/semi-perminant setup for all-inclusive broadcast solution.
- Sound dampening blankets hung in AV Conference room
- Current video projects
- Dremel night edit complete - release pending finalization of YouTube graphics
- New member vids - Moore and LeCody writing (no updates this meeting)
- Wants to do 2 vids:
- Orientation vid
- “Be Excellent” video
- Metabus/Streaming Intro class concept in progress. (Richard)
- VFX series - David S.
- James suggests color correction
- Do as much as possible away from computer; this opens to people who don’t have After Effects access
- AfterEffects 101 series in progress
- How to shoot with your phone workshop - David
- How to film a class workshop - David
- 3D for animation (postponed) - James Moffit
- James may break into series
- Voice Acting - Josh
- Writing Your Tutorial Video (postponed) - Haley
- Need someone to lead filming/keeping track of classes - Table item
Post meetup about upcoming class - David S. - PR handling this process.
- Add credits to Dremel vid - David S.
Add donated cameras to equipment list - David S. - DONE
Figure out needed equipment/cables - DONE
- Approach Adobe for more licenses if computer lab congeals
- Investigate for discounts, educational licenses - Richard S.
- Investigate computer lab plan and machine specs - David S.
Hang blankets when they come in - David S. - DONE
- Add button hole to moving blankets - Haley M.
Investigate live streaming class topics - Richard H. - DONE
- Complete YouTube package - David S.
- Post note about AV Conference being multipurpose. Remind users to clean up room when done. - Haley M.
- Make sign/deterrent for editing station in Arts – David S.
- Post to DMS list about Metabus – Haley M.