2022 Statement of Intent - Justin Walker
DMS Wiki is being migrated to source.dallasmakerspace.org
This page has already been migrated, please go see the content on Source.
Hello, my name is Justin Walker, Skyspook on talk, and I am running for reelection for the board of directors. Over the past 2 years it has been my pleasure to serve the space.
Professionally I am in IT and Software Engineering Management. I have 20 years experience in software development, and 12 years managing teams and projects of various sizes up through the executive level. I consider myself an unabashed generalist, meaning my life and projects cross many disciplines -- I am not above picking up a mop and cleaning with everyone else.
I have been involved in Makerspaces for a decade, having founded The Makers' Alliance in Cleveland, OH. I have a passion for what DMS stands for.
Over the last year, I have attempted the following:
- Continued recruiting tour guides and recruiting new members to replace churn
- Working with others to continue our expansion efforts
- Expanding our online teaching ability, and working with committees to take advantage of such (thank you 3d-fab, laser, ceramics, jewelry, machine shop and woodshop for your continued partnership)
- Working directly with committees and teachers to increase classes
- Teaching and giving tours 1:1 when available
I would be honored to continue in this position, and would continue to serve our membership proudly. My priorities for 2021:
- Active Recruitment - Our membership numbers have remained steady, but we need an infusion of members to continue our mission
- Continue to work through our expansion needs -- having secured funding this year, we have the means to continue our expansion efforts
- Increase Dallas Makerspace's position in the community through continued outreach
- Continue to improve our business operations
- Continue to invest in and improve our infrastructure - both physical and digital.
I welcome any questions, both in public and in private.
Endorsements: Julie Harris, Curt Baker, James Henningson, Kevin Thompson