2022 Statement of Intent - Julie Harris
DMS Wiki is being migrated to source.dallasmakerspace.org
This page has already been migrated, please go see the content on Source.
My name is Julie Harris, Julie-Harris on Talk, and this is formal notice of my intent to run for reelection to the board of directors for Dallas Makerspace. I have been a member of Dallas Makerspace since 2016 and I served on the board for the past three terms. I also served as Secretary, PR Coordinator and Education Coordinator during my third term.
Currently, I am self-employed, working as a fractional controller and consultant for several local clients. I have more than fifteen years of experience in accounting that includes a mix of public and private accounting. I have extensive experience cleaning up financials, increasing department efficiency and developing policies and procedures.
Board accomplishments over the past three terms include:
- Effectively responded to challenges presented by COVID-19
- Lobby remodel
- Improved new member onboarding and orientation
- Established a management structure to separate the board from day to day operations and increase accountability
- Recovered from negative cash flow and improved cash management
- Increased professionalism and efficiency of board meetings
Goals for the next term:
- Recruit new members
- Support improvements to the calendar and initiatives with education such as increased online classes
- Continue migration from the wiki to Confluence
- Promote social events and work to rebuild a sense of community after the pandemic
- Improved communication of volunteer tasks and recognition of volunteers
- Continue to improve onboarding for new members
- Support PR and fundraising efforts
Endorsements: Justin Walker, Curt Baker, Kevin Thompson