2020 Statement of Intent Julie Harris
This is to serve as formal notice of my intent to run for reelection to the board of directors for Dallas Makerspace. I am Julie-Harris on Talk. It was an honor to serve for the past year with the director and officer team.
I have been a member of Dallas Makerspace since 2016. Currently, I am self-employed, working as a fractional controller and consultant for several local clients. I have more than fifteen years of experience in accounting that includes a mix of public and private accounting. I have extensive experience cleaning up financials, increasing department efficiency, developing policies and procedures, managing expense reports and credit cards.
Our accomplishments include:
- Establishment of a management structure to separate the board from day to day operations and increase accountability
- Implementation of office hours in addition to posting on Talk and Discord in order to communicate with the entire membership
- Recovery from negative cash flow - as a result the Makerspace is in a good position to survive the current challenges of COVID-19
My goals for 2020 are:
- Decrease reliance on volunteers for critical business functions such as IT and accounting
- Continue to support expansion
- Support PR and fundraising efforts
- Improve communication with chairs
- Respond to challenges presented by COVID-19
- Support community at Dallas Makerspace
Nominated by: Erik Smith, Ken Purcell, Patrick Thompson “Julie isn’t terrible”, Marshall Blatz, Freddy Calvert, Jeff Ray