2018 Statement of Intent Steve Blanchard
DMS Wiki is being migrated to source.dallasmakerspace.org
This page has already been migrated, please go see the content on Source.
This letter is to serve as formal notification that I am officially submitting my name to run for election to the Board of Directors for Dallas Makerspace for the year 2018.
I have been a member at Dallas Makerspace since February 2013. My membership number was 167. Things have changed since then. I have supported Dallas Makerspace through the Public Relations committee and public works.
- PR Chair in 2015
- PR Chair starting in 2017
- Painting the Commons Rooms and hallways
- French cleat system for hanging art work, creating hole free walls
- Maintenance of the Commons Area
- Procurement Officer for the Logistics committee
- Help give DMS Tours on Thursday nights since 2013
I am proud and excited by the idea that Dallas Makerspace has the largest membership of any makerspace in the US.
My goals for 2018 are:
- Build out of the new space. If this option fails continue to look for the best solution for our new location.
- As a board member, my actions will be as transparent as possible.
- Clean up the Bylaws – Create a more logical and consistent set of Bylaws.
- Create additional Board of Director positions. We have too small a board for the numbers of members in the organization.
- Create a stronger support structure for new members. Work to make sure new members feel welcome and have a 90-day plan to become integrated into the DMS community.
- Exit Interview Survey for members who quit. Become more aware of why people are walking away from DMS. Use that information to improve the DMS experience.
- Create a disciplinary process that is independent of the BOD. Each event would have a structure (members and rules) to follow and would be reported back to the board for approval. This would not be a committee.
- Financial Items
- Grant writing to increase outside funding.
- Solicit more physical donations by reaching out to large businesses
As part of this Letter of Intent, I also agree to the duties and functions expected of me in this position that include, but are not limited to: Making every effort to attend the annual meeting(s) and regular meetings.
Perform the duties and responsibilities of Director as outlined in the Dallas Makerspace Bylaws as well as the Dallas Makerspace Rules and Policies. If elected, I am fully aware and understand the importance of my full participation as a productive and effective leader during my tenure on Dallas Makerspace Board of Directors, and I agree to the terms and conditions set forth above.
/s/ Steven A. Blanchard
Endorsements: Stan Simmons, Ryan McCutcheon, David Kessinger, Mitch Cerroni, Kris Anderson, Chris Marlow, Ethan Western, Raymond Jett, Evan Lott, Beth Appleton, Dwight Spencer, William Petefish, Axeonos Robertson.