2018 Statement of Intent S Charles (Chuck) Baber
DMS Wiki is being migrated to source.dallasmakerspace.org
This page has already been migrated, please go see the content on Source.
This letter is to serve as formal notification that I, S. Charles (Chuck) Baber, am officially submitting my name to run for election to the Board of Directors of the Dallas Makerspace for the year 2018.
Recognizing that I would have but one vote in five, some of the ideas I will support are:
- Establish fiscal responsibility, and financial stability;
- Reducing real, and/or perceived favoritism;
- Forming a member committee to handle conflict resolution;
- Formulating and adopting short and long range business plans for DMS;
- Formulation and adoption of a realistic budget;
- Acquisition of the adjacent property, if possible, and planning a phased move that maximizes our financial resources;
- Encourage greater member participation in Monthly Membership Meetings
As part of this Letter of Intent, I also agree to the duties and functions expected of me in this position that include, but are not limited to:
- Making every effort to attend the annual meeting(s) and regular meetings;
- Perform the duties and responsibilities of Director as outlined in the Dallas Makerspace Bylaws as well as the Dallas Makerspace Rules and Policies.
If elected, I am fully aware and understand the importance of my full participation as a productive and effective leader during my tenure on the Dallas Makerspace Board of Directors, and I agree to the terms and conditions set forth above.
Nominated by: Stephanie Webb, Kris Anderson, Stan Simmons