2018 Statement of Intent Luke Strickland
This serves as formal notification that I, Aaron Luke Strickland, am officially submitting my name to run for election to the Board of Directors for Dallas Makerspace for the 2018-2019 term. In addition to running for the Board of Directors, I am also interested in being the Secretary.
I’m a relatively new member, but in the last year I’ve taken on the role of Logistics Chairperson. During my time I’ve worked to improve our facility, some examples include:
- Replacing all broken workshop lights with new 10-year LED bulbs
- Initiated contracts to get regular, dependable air filter replacements done
- Increased storage capacity while also increasing worktable capacity
My 2018 Goals for the Dallas Makerspace:
- Transparency: Continue to increase transparency of the organization's goals, books and records
- Maintenance: Helping Committees create plans for maintaining their tools, and helping them carry out those plans
- Training: Empower new and existing committees & committee chairs to understand their finances and operation, through training and reporting
- Expansion: Helping our expansion team organize, plan and build out any potential new space or opportunities
As part of this Letter of Intent, I also agree to diligently execute the duties and functions as a member of the Board of Directors. Those duties include, but are not limited to:
- Making every effort to attend the annual meeting(s) and regular meetings.
- Perform the duties and responsibilities of Director as outlined in the Dallas Makerspace Bylaws as well as the Dallas Makerspace Rules and Policies.
If elected, I am fully aware and understand the importance of my full participation as a productive and effective leader during my tenure on the Dallas Makerspace Board of Directors, and I agree to the terms and conditions set forth in the Bylaws, Rules and Policies, and applicable government laws and regulations.
/s/ Aaron Luke Strickland 3-24-2018
Nominated by: John Gorman, Robert Davidson, Stan Simmons, Stephenie Webb