2017 Statement of Intent Mitch Cerroni
This letter is to serve as formal notification that I, Mitch Cerroni, am officially submitting my name to run for election to the Board of Directors for Dallas Makerspace for the year 2017.
My goals for 2017 are:
- Resolve the roles of the leadership of this organization to better encourage volunteerism and avoid burnout. I would like to continue development of the Moodle online learning platform to prevent teacher burnout, encourage members to assist chairs in their duties, and provide more opportunities for chair members and officers to work autonomously. There should be a separation from the Directors roles and the officers, as I believe the strain on the BoD is unnecessary. I think a revision is in order to look at how our current honorarium system encourages teaching and provide more incentive for volunteers that do the most for the organization.
- Promote safety and efficiency using the volunteer efforts and resources available. I will help continue efforts for RFID interlocks for each tool, assist with the tool index, and making sure training is appropriate for each tool.
- Continue to boost our community outreach as a educational non-profit. I think DMS has an opportunity to give back to the community. PR has started to do a good role in this and I would like to do whatever I can to make sure we can provide a positive outreach to schools and other non-profit organizations. I would like to see the maker fellowship fund continue to help less fortunate members that have put forth effort into DMS.
As part of this Letter of Intent, I also agree to the duties and functions expected of me in this position that include, but are not limited to:
- Making every effort to attend the annual meeting(s) and regular meetings.
- Perform the duties and responsibilities of Director as outlined in the Dallas Makerspace Bylaws as well as the Dallas Makerspace Rules and Policies.
If elected, I am fully aware and understand the importance of my full participation as a productive and effective leader during my tenure on the Dallas Makerspace Board of Directors, and I agree to the terms and conditions set forth above.
Nominated by: Haley Moore, Steve Blanchard