2016 Statement of Intent Brandon Green
The basic responsibility of a director is to help make long term decisions and steer the organization towards future growth and better fulfilling our 501c3 purpose of education( https://dallasmakerspace.org/wiki/Mission_Statement ). The Board meets once a month to direct funds from membership dues and set general policy towards those ends. The decisions of what happens inside the domain of a committee is up to the individual committee chairs. As a member of the board I would attempt to:
- Improve organization / space usage
- Remove unutilized equipment
- Reduce hoarding factor
- Design self healing / organizing systems
- Encourage group projects
- Add new capabilities that benefit members
- Empower committee chairs
- Attend to organization level concerns to be sure members can just show up and be productive
- Make DMS Better*
This letter is to serve as formal notification that I, Brandon Green, am officially submitting my name to run for election to the Board of Directors for the Dallas Makerspace for the year 2016. As part of this Letter of Intent, I also agree to the duties and functions expected of me in this position that include, but are not limited to:
- Making every effort to attend the annual meeting(s) and regular meetings.
- Perform the duties and responsibilities of Director as outlined in the Dallas Makerspace Bylaws as well as the Dallas Makerspace Rules and Policies.
If elected, I am fully aware and understand the importance of my full participation as a productive and effective leader during my tenure on the Dallas Makerspace Board of Directors, and I agree to the terms and conditions set forth above.
Nominated by: Allen Wan
(* for some definition of better)