2015 Statement of Intent Alex Rhodes
DMS Wiki is being migrated to source.dallasmakerspace.org
This page has already been migrated, please go see the content on Source.
This letter is to serve as formal notification that I, Alex Rhodes, am officially submitting my name to run for election to the Board of Directors for the Dallas Makerspace for the year 2015.
My goals for 2015 are:
- Optimize the physical organization of the space to best serve the general membership and committees.
- To promote the members' sense of community, specifically by encouraging cross committee group projects.
- To work on getting basic training set up for all tools that may require training.
- Work with others to seek more grant funding and get DMS added to things like https://www.northtexasgivingday.org/
- To promote leadership accountability both at the board and committee chair levels.
- Lastly to work on getting an employee. I think the space is well past it's tipping point for an employee. I know it is easier said than done.
As part of this Letter of Intent, I also agree to the duties and functions expected of me in this position that include, but are not limited to:
Making every effort to attend the annual meeting(s) and regular meetings. Perform the duties and responsibilities of Director as outlined in the Dallas Makerspace Bylaws as well as the Dallas Makerspace Rules and Policies. If elected, I am fully aware and understand the importance of my full participation as a productive and effective leader during my tenure on the Dallas Makerspace Board of Directors, and I agree to the terms and conditions set forth above.
Nominated by: Kent Bowling, Allen Wan, Robert Davidson