2014 Alex Rhodes statement of intent
This letter is to serve as formal notification that I, Alex Rhodes, am officially submitting my name to run for election to the Board of Directors for the Dallas Makerspace for the year 2014.
As part of this Letter of Intent, I also agree to the duties and functions expected of me in this position that include, but are not limited to:
- Making every effort to attend the annual meeting(s) and regular meetings.
- Perform the duties and responsibilities of Director as outlined in the Dallas Makerspace Bylaws as well as the Dallas Makerspace Rules and Policies.
If elected, I am fully aware and understand the importance of my full participation as a productive and effective leader during my tenure on the Dallas Makerspace Board of Directors, and I agree to the terms and conditions set forth above.
Nominated by: Luke Olson, John Gorman, Allen Wan
A quick synopsis of who I am.
I'm 30 years old and currently an IT manager for a major nonprofit. I have a technical background but like most people at the space I am always looking to learn more about anything and everything. I am not afraid to help out if and when I can. I am a member of the PR and Workshop committees. I also understand the concept of “Do-ocracy” and "being excellent to each other”.
I think the recent focus by the current board to have training set up for any new equipment that is purchased is wonderful and the proper way to go. My focus for the space will be:
- To facilitate people’s ideas, either by obtaining equipment or training for the equipment.
- To implement specific organizational guidelines that will maximize our efficiency. e.g. making sure members get the training they need on new equipment in a timely manner, ensuring we aren’t out of gas for the welding machines, etc.
- To promote a welcoming environment, especially for our new members and to represent our entire community of Makers and their various interests.